Automated Certified Payroll
What is CertPay? CertPay is an application that automates the
creation of the Department of Labor certified payroll report and its
accompanying Certificate of Compliance.
How does the automation function? To create the report and
certificate CertPay goes into Peachtree or QuickBooks and extracts
all of the needed relevant payroll data for the applicable job and
time period. It then reformats that data to comply with requirements
of the Department of Labor. This is followed by CertPay printing the
certified payroll report (filling in all blanks as it prints) and
the Certificate of Compliance.
What is required of the CertPay user? The user must make certain
that all required payroll data has been properly entered in the
accounting program so it can be extracted. When the report is
completed the Certificate of Compliance must be signed and both
documents sent to the Department of Labor.
How does one learn how to properly use CertPay? The application
itself is accompanied by extensive documentation that guides the
user through all of the steps necessary to produce the certified
payroll report and the Certificate of Compliance. Telephone
technical support is also available.
Additional questions? Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-322-4650.
Click on the '+' to show the features for each item.
- Hourly Rate Calculation method updated to match Peachtree's method - no more rounding issues!
- Version 2012 is faster and easier to use than previous versions
- Performs fringe and vacation rate calculations
- Automates Certified Payroll Reporting in accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor
- Extracted data is reformatted to meet WH-0347 and WH-0348 requirements
- Conforms to U.S. Department of Labor guidelines
- Dramatically reduces weekly report filing time
- Creates six convenient reports:
- Statement and Wage Compliance Report
(Includes government required work classifications, hours, pay rate, gross/net pay,
and ready to file deductions.)
- Hourly Payroll Report
- Other Fields Report
- Workforce Utilization Report (Shows percentages of women and minorities that
have worked on each task for the current payroll number and for the entire contract.)
- FHWA-1589 Report for amounts required by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
- Ticket usage report showing which tickets were used on the Hourly Payroll Report.
- Payroll Checks, Payroll Numbers, and Time Ticket Data may be purged for a selected data range
- Pay levels and deductions may be set to 'None' category to accommodate reporting needs
- Owners can now be flagged to show no amounts on the reports
- Users may omit an employee's check amount for a specified contract and payroll number
- Perform fringe rate and vacation rate calculations for one or more pay levels
- Automatically omits voided checks from reports:
- Checks tagged with a 'V' are automatically excluded from reports
- Voided check is deleted in CertPay's database after CertPay scans
database and matches the tagged check number
- Multiple companies may be included with initial CertPay installation (requires additional licenses)
- Old Contracts and Payroll Numbers may be deleted
- Improved and faster report generation, particularly for payroll numbers and contracts
- Tasks can be excluded from processing
- Social Security number masking feature ensures employee security/confidentiality
- Supports up to 20 hourly pay levels (Peachtree), unlimited pay levels (QuickBooks)
- May define two deductions for reporting with custom labels
- Employee Name and Title may be stored on Statement of Compliance reports
- Wage Pay Rates may be set to one of the following classifications:
- Double Overtime
- Pay Only (used for pay levels that are not used for time tickets)
- None (Excluded from reports)
- May calculate hourly deductions report using weekly wages
- Deductions comprising the 'Other' Field may be individually listed
- Permits default number of days setting between pay period ending date and check date
- Users may omit inactive employees and jobs resulting in more efficient processing
- Defaults for statement of compliance permissible decuctions, exemptions and remarks can be entered
- Name and title for the statement of compliance can be entered
- A signature file can be specified for the statement of compliance
- Data Extraction
- Extracts employee, inventory, payroll, time ticket, and job
cost information from Peachtree and QuickBooks
- Automatically exports time tickets from Peachtree
- Retrieve checks and time tickets for either single date or specified date range
- Automatic retrieval of pay levels and deduction names
- Employees may work on multiple jobs with diverse and varying job descriptions
- Job information (address change, family contacts, etc.) is easily edited
- Associates each job with its corresponding contract
- A descriptive label and data can be added for the hourly report.
- Contact information per Job may be stored
- Contracts can now be marked as complete and hidden in CertPay
- Payroll Numbers
- Payroll numbers are automatically tracked for easy retrieval
- Payroll period ending date automatically included with selected check date if available (Peachtree only)
- Option to include checks written within 6 days of a specified check date
- CertPay can use the Pay Ending date within a check (Peachtree only)
- Automatically Performs payroll numbering
- Existing Payroll Numbers may be edited
- Payroll number prefixes permit user to select descriptor options
- Defaults for statement of compliance permissible decuctions, exemptions and remarks can be used and/or
new ones can be entered for the payroll number
- Improved 'No work for the week' employee reporting options:
- If no employees are selected for a contract and a payroll number is
created, the payroll number automatically becomes a 'no work' payroll number
- If employees are selected for a contract, the payroll number can be made into a 'no work' payroll number
- Report settings can now be set per payroll number
Click on the '+' to show the features for each item.
- Employee name and address (if allowed) information
- Employee SSN (if allowed)
- Check number (if available)
- Task worked - each task worked by an employee is listed separately
- Withholding Exemptions
- Race and Gender of the employee (optional)
- Number of Standard, Overtime and Double time hours worked for each day of the week
- Rate of pay for each pay type
- Gross/Net wages for the check and for the Task Performed
- Shows prorated deductions on task hours vs. total hours or entire deduction amount
- Example: Hours.pdf (Adobe PDF - download free Acrobat® Reader®)
Statement of Compliance Report
- Displays the Statement of Compliance for the currently selected contract and payroll number
with the information that your have entered.
- Lists permissible decuctions, exemptions and remarks
- Example: Statement.pdf (Adobe PDF - download free Acrobat® Reader®)
Fields in Other Report
Workforce Utilization Report
- Breaks down hours worked on tasks worked by gender and race
- Shows hours for the current payroll and the entire contract
- Requires that race and gender be assigned to employees
- Example: WorkForceUtilization.pdf (Adobe PDF - download free Acrobat® Reader®)
- Summarizes employee count, hours worked and amount paid for the month.
- Also lists these numbers for any subcontractors that you enter in CertPay.
- Example: FHWA1589.pdf (Adobe PDF - download free Acrobat® Reader®)
Ticket Usage Report
- List tickets for the pay period in a report by employee.
- Shows ticket date, pay type, CertPay pay level, Task ID and if the ticket was used in the hourly report.